Friday, February 18, 2011

Hope's Quilt, week 3

On the days that Carver is at the Schoolhouse, the big girls and I have been working on what is literally a "Hope quilt." When I first decided to do this, I had romantic notions about working during Rose's naptime with Ellie and Laura, letting them help cut and iron and put together. Ha. The arrangement now is that I work on it while they play beside me with special naptime toys, and occasionally come by to comment on the progress. Hence the fact that we are already on week 3 of the quilt, with small progress to show for it. But, they feel like they are involved, and they are excited when it's time to work on Hope's quilt. So here's our progress so far:


The pattern is called "Bethlehem Star," and hopefully, the finished product will look something like this, although ours will be way prettier. In our design, the outside corners will be just plain white, and it will have a small border around the outside edge. I'll post more photos are get further along. In the meantime, we're off the enjoy the February spring day!

3 comments:

Emily M. said...

What a sweet idea, and I love that pattern. (And what sweet looking girls!=)) Can't wait to see the finished project!

Debbie T said...

Its beautiful! You are making great progress!

Anne said...

The quilt is beautiful, and so are your sweet girls. I love how you are including Laura and Ellie, even if they are mostly playing nearby! (And I think you are making great progress for the third week!)