Saturday, April 30, 2011

2 week update

Hope had her 2-week birthday on Thursday. We rejoice continually in these milestones, and know that every day with her is a gift from God. She had her 2-week checkup with Dr. Laughlin yesterday, and it went very well. Her head circumference is in the 10th percentile (which is on the charts!!), and her weight jumped an entire pound in the 10 days since we last went to the doctor. She was exactly 6 lbs, 9 oz on the Tuesday after her birth, and yesterday she was 7lbs, 9oz. Dr. Laughlin was thrilled with this weight gain.

Hope is an extremely good baby. She really does not cry, unless she's got a dirty diaper that I haven't noticed, and she sleeps a lot. When I asked the doctor about her sleeping, he said not to worry as long as she continues to gain weight. So I won't--I'll try to bask in these early days when she's easy!

We still have a few more weeks before the trips up to Indy for doctor's visits begin, so I'm trying to recover and get her eating as much as I possibly can. We praise God for the blessings that he has showered upon us, and pray that He will continue to heal our daughter. Psalm 30 says:

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to Your forever."

There is nothing that more represents how we feel right now, and we pray that no matter what comes our way, we will continue to sing praise and give thanks to God.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a sweet series of pictures! What a blessing to have Ellie, Laura, and Rose as big sisters--and to have a big, strong brother!

Mrs. Miller said...

Such a joyous update!! Like the other commenter said, the pictures of the sisters together are so sweet. These children that come into the world with older siblings really do get special amounts of love with so many eager to hold them and talk to them.

the McGee family said...

Continually praising God with you!