Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One more night...

I woke up hopeful that we would get to go home today. After an uneventful morning, Dr. Young came by at about 11. His assistant took Hope's bandage off, and he examined her head. After checking her over, he decided that he'd like to have us stay another night, just to make sure she's doing ok. He also ordered an ultrasound for her, to check on the ventricles in her brain. Her soft spot felt a little tense to him, and he wants to keep an eye on her hydrocephalus. While I'm trying to keep calm, it scares me a little. I got a good look at her incision when they took the bandage off, and it scares me a little, too. It's just such a big cut on a little person.

Be still, my soul; the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul; they best, thy heavenly, fridne
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.




Be still, my soul; thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, they confidence, let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul; the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He swelt below.

God has blessed me today--Hope has smiled at me twice. She has had an uncomfortable day since they took the bandage off, but in one of her quiet moments, she smiled at me while I sang to her. What a joyful end, just to be able to sit and sing to her.

2 comments:

Kamilla said...

Anna,

Look at that beautiful baby! It's nice to see her face without the gauze frame.

Kamilla

the McGee family said...

Tears came to my eyes as I read this. I can't imagine going thru what you are going thru. God has given you so much grace, Anna, and for that I am grateful. May he continue to strengthen you and give you PEACE!