Monday, July 4, 2011

Carver @ 8

Carver is turning 8 today! I can't believe how it has flown by. We started off the morning with presents after breakfast (because what fun is a birthday if you can't spend the day playing with your stuff??!) He got this cool skateboard-thingy, some water guns, a new sprinkler to run through, an addition to his snap circuits kit, and some books. Sadly, all of the books are taking an extreme backseat to all of the cool, hands-on stuff. He spent about a half-hour playing water guns with his sisters, and the rest of the day he has spent mastering the skateboard. He's already improved much more than I expected--he can make it all the way down to the end of the cul-de-sac without falling off. Very impressive.




We'll finish off the day with spaghetti & meatballs, banana bread, and taking chocolate cake to the church gathering to watch fireworks. Happy birthday, Carver!

2 comments:

the McGee family said...

Happy Birthday, Carver! I still remember your shower, Anna. I think Zoe gave you some hammer thing that made a lot of noise and I seem to remember that you weren't pleased with the "noisy" gift idea! :) 8 years later, and how much noise??? :)

Carole said...

I can't believe he's already 8!!! And what a neat looking skateboard. Did I see only TWO wheels? I remember when I was a kid, our skateboards were about a foot long, about two inches wide, and looked more like the top of a scrub brush with four tiny wheels (each set of two close together). They've sure come a long way since then! Happy Birthday, Carver. I've been blessed to know you and watch you grow up. Love to all of you!