Tuesday, September 2, 2008

One of those days...

Apparently, two week old watermelon isn't edible.

I learned the hard way after feeding it to Laura and Ellie for lunch and having a few pieces myself. Both girls threw up within about 10 minutes. Ellie was considerate and stayed in the kitchen, making cleanup pretty easy. I had her mess about cleaned up when Carver announced that Laura had thrown up in the living room. I looked, just in time to watch her toddle over to the stairs and deposit the rest of it on the stairs. Awesome. I decided to ignore the problem in the living room and took all 3 kids upstairs and threw them in the tub. Afterwards, I cleaned the tub with comet and left the kids watching a movie so I could work on the carpet downstairs. About 2 minutes later, Ellie came down, informing me that Laura had makeup all over her face. Knowing that she couldnt've gotten into my makeup drawer, I rushed upstairs. She was covered, from head to toe, in comet.

I think this is only my second time calling poison control, and I've been very happy both times. They're very considerate, and there's no suggestion in their voice that you could possibly be a complete idiot for leaving comet out.

No worries, the picture is not any of our adventures today. It's a freeze-pop break a few days ago after playing outside.



2 comments:

Debbie T said...

Sounds like a full day--brings back exhausting memories! Thanks for sharing! Keep blogging--it must be very therapeutic!

Emily M. said...

Yes, the Poison Control people in St. Louis were incredibly kind and reassuring, too. Every mom has days like that!