Thursday, December 4, 2008

Something Old...

This is the quilt my grandmother made for me. It served a long and faithful life on my bed growing up, and now it gets to be displayed with honor in the girl's new yellow room.




Here are the girls, climbing into the bunkbeds, which now belong only to them. Ellie loves being on the top. In fact, when we told her that she would get to sleep up there, she came running into the room, climbed up on the ladder, and yelled, "Sweet!" Laura likes her bottom bed, though she still has a little trouble climbing up into it. She's a pro at getting down, though, and we haven't had any trouble with her falling off.






1 comment:

Emily M. said...

What a great use for your quilt! And I love a yellow girls' room instead of pink--still feminine, but not over the top.=) I look forward to seeing it in person sometime...