Monday, January 26, 2009

Moving

While we are still at least a year and a half away from David finishing his Ph.D and moving, we still dream about (and google home prices) where we may end up. While we would love to end up on the West Coast, here is the main reason the midwest holds so much appeal for me. Look at the size of that house! And the price! It's amazing. If you're looking for more reasons, how about this one? Or this one? However, this one wins the prize for size-to-cost ratio for me. Unfortunately, in this little midwest town, there is only one real college, and I'm pretty sure David would rather sell insurance or perhaps continue on-line teaching for Ivy Tech Community College than teach there. Well, if wishes were horses...

6 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

I just informed Keith that he needs to find a job in Quincy. Those houses are gorgeous! For the price of that last house, we could only get a cramped one-bedroom apartment built in the 1980s here in the OC.

Anna said...

Well, if you guys moved there, between the two of us we could start a church, because that was the other huge problem in Quincy--no good churches! Aren't the houses amazing, though?

"Mom" said...

Bin there, dun that. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you.." We thought we could start a church, too.

Emily M. said...

Oh my goodness....maybe we should move to Quincy and just have Derek commute up here to work...wait, bad idea. Are there any decent law firms in Quincy?

Anna said...

Nope, I think Derek and Keith would be some pretty big fish...

"Mom" said...

you know Anna, we moved to Quincy in 1989 for just that reason: low housing cost. I consider myself to have wasted the best years of my, and my family's, lives there. There's more to life than a nice house. Dad