Friday, February 27, 2009

New Shoes!

In preparation for an upcoming anniversary trip with my husband, I bought a new pair of shoes! (Any excuse for a new pair of shoes is a good excuse, right?)



David is taking me to Boston, and my mother-in-law, who is as brave as a lion, is coming to stay with the kids for 7 1/2 days. Anyway, Boston is a city with lots of historical walking stuff to do. The last pair of new tennis shoes I had survived Laura's pregnancy, so I figured it was probably time for a new set. Instead of just getting boring Nike's, though, I found these awesomely cute shoes on zappos.com.

They arrived today, and I immediately tried them on. They are insanely comfortable, and the purple shoe laces are just fun. However, the best part has been the packing and information that came with the shoes. They are made by a brand I've never heard of, Simple. They specialize in shoes made from recycled materials. So, my soles are made of recycled tires (cleaned up, I assume), the laces are bamboo, and the canvas upper is not canvas, but...HEMP. They are indeed, happy shoes.

4 comments:

"Mom" said...

Pack bandaids...

Mrs. Miller said...

Those are "awesomely cute shoes"!!!! I owned a pair of Simples in high school and wore them to their death. :-)

Emily M. said...

Wow--those are super cute! And yay for your trip to Boston!

Debbie T said...

I'm looking forward to it!