Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ta-da!!

Remember these?

Yeah, me too. And I can't say that I miss that 80s print.

Finally, here is the updated version!





I realized, sitting in the newly-finished chairs, that I didn't ever sit in them before tearing them apart. Fortunately, they are very comfortable :). I reupholstered them in indoor-outdoor fabric, which is durable and stain-resistant. It is gaining in popularity lately, so fabric makers are no longer only making colors to go on your outdoor umbrella, but in awesome prints like this.

So, the big questions: Am I happy with it? Yes, totally. It's not a professional job, but only I know the places where that shows, and I'm not telling! Would I do it again? Not this year, certainly. Maybe in about 5, when I've forgotten how much time it took. I pulled out thousands of staples (I'm not exaggerating), and put in about 3000, between the two chairs. It took just about 40 hours and 10 yards of fabric for both chairs, if you want to try! In the internet research process, I did find one website that I love:

diyupholsterysupply.com

They have great videos for the hard sections, and all the supplies you'll ever need for much cheaper than JoAnn's.

So, that's it! I'm done!

5 comments:

Debbie T said...

Congratulations!! With a month to spare! They look great and it really opens up the room! Where's the couch?

Anna said...

We sold the couches to a friend from church. We brought down one of the ones that was upstairs and put it where the big one was :)

Mrs. Miller said...

WOW. Serious WOW.

You are amazing to not only start such a project, but to actually complete it well! Wow. The chairs look beautiful. Love, love the fabric and, since its indoor/outdoor, it should withstand the wear and tear of kiddos, right?

Christina said...

Anna, you are a rockstar!! and may I remind everyone that you did this while pregnant!! They turned out beautifully! I am very impressed!

Emily M. said...

I am SO impressed, Anna! You did this with three kids running around...wow. And I love the way they look now!