Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Finally, the question everyone's been dying to ask...

I had to run an errand this morning. It was an act of necessity, or I never would've attempted to take all 4 kids into a store by myself. One of the store employees stopped and asked about my baby, and in the course of the conversation inquired, "Are all of these children yours?"

God was gracious to me in the moment, and instead of making the snide remarks I've contemplated if ever put in that situation, I was able to smile and say, "Yes, aren't they beautiful?"

2 comments:

"Mom" said...

You know, in this age of emancipated women, the most likely reason someone like you would have four kids in tow is because you are the "designated mother" for someone with a real job. So maybe "Are they all yours?" isn't so much a judgment on your outlandish, irresponsible reproductive choices, but a marveling that you dared to challenge the cultural norm, and you look like you're enjoying it, to boot! Maybe it never occurred to the women you encounter that they don't have to have get permission from anyone ~ be it the cosmos or the Greenies or a gynecologist ~ before they have a brood the size of God's own choosing!

the McGee family said...

4 isn't that many!