Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rose Goes Green

Quite literally, in this case!

After a presentation at BloomingMoms on cloth diapering, I was inspired to give it a go. For me, the draw is money saved every month. While it's a little hard to gauge how much it costs me to launder each diaper, by my calculations, we could save up to $80 a month, after the initial diaper investment, which would take about 6 months to make up. So I poked around on the internet a little, and decided that FuzziBunz are the brand I like. Fortunately, a friend of mine uses this exact same brand, and generously offered to let me borrow some of her stash for a few weeks to see how I like them. So, we started with excitement this morning! Here's Rose, in her "green" diaper:


Isn't she cute?

In other news, she is dangerously close to crawling, which I am decidedly not ready for:

She has also had several exciting developments this week. We moved her out of our room into the girls' room, and she's doing very well in there. In fact, she has slept through the night the past two nights!! Yay!!

4 comments:

Emily M. said...

Anna, how in the world were we together for 48 hours without me hearing about this? Obviously I need to gush about CDing more.=) In any case, I think Rose looks incredibly adorable in her FB! I'm so excited! Just think of the photo shoot opportunities next time the little girls are together--coordinating FBs, showing off their crawling skills...I'm already excited. And I think you'll love the savings.=)

Emily M. said...

Okay, in my excitement, I totally missed the other big news--way to go, Rose! I hope she continues to sleep through the night for you guys!!!

the McGee family said...

ACK! I am so excited for you... for the cloth diapering! I LOVE it. I think it's all Emily and I talk about... :) Maybe not quite.
Has she shared great websites with you? www.clothdiaperclearance.com has haute pockets on sale for a GREAT price right now. We have them. They are the one size pockets. Emily has some, too.
And it's true, the savings will blow your mind.
I won't go on and on, altho I totally could.

the McGee family said...

sooo.... what are your thoughts after using them for a bit?