Wednesday, January 20, 2010

6 months!

Rose is 6 months already (well, actually, last Friday, but what can I say? Life's a little crazy around here:). I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by. She is a super sweet baby, and I just want to freeze every precious moment in time. I know that soon she'll be a potty training 2-year old who I've seen running around the house naked a few too many times this week (not that that actually happens around here or anything), or possibly a vocal 4 year old, singing at the top of her lungs at the dinner table (we're wondering if you can install one of those sound guards like you see in limos over the dining room table??). Rose rolls over proficiently, and has been trying to push her way up to her hands and knees lately. She smiles frequently, but is a little slower to laugh. She is learning how her vocal chords work, and has been making this crazy growling noise lately, prompting Dad to ask after dinner the other evening who had invited the exorcist over. I think her favorite sibling is Ellie, who loves to get in her face and talk to her. She's not sleeping through the night yet, but we're working on it; and she's so cute I don't really mind seeing her in the middle of the night, anyway. She hasn't started solids for real yet, but she's filling out 6-12 month clothes no problem, which makes me wonder why I can't get these last few baby pounds off. Oh well. I'd rather be chubby than send Rose back!




6 comments:

Christina said...

is she a red head??

Anonymous said...

She's super cute and looks like she's really beginning to develop her personality!

Oh, and don't worry about that other comment - I took it off just to make sure no one gets the wrong impression. No worries!

Mrs. Miller said...

I think I've said this before, but her eyes are GORGEOUS!!! She's sounds sweet as can be. Wish I could meet her and I'll be praying that the all night sleep comes soon. Baby Keith still gets me up 1-2 times a night.

"Mom" said...

Top picture makes her look like she crosses her eyes. But note that the light reflex from the camera flash is in the middle of the pupil on both sides. Just in case anybody was wondering.

Anna said...

Christina--yes, she sometimes has a red halo! The other kids all did at this age also, so my guess is that she'll grow out of it.

Z-Thanks!

Mom-I think that about her eyes frequently. But then every time I look closer, she's looking straight at me. Weird.

Emily M. said...

Oh, she's so sweet. I'm so excited to see how much bigger she's gotten this weekend!!!