Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Christmas Present, a Few Weeks Early

David and I bought my Christmas present yesterday. It is an antique dresser that we found off of Craig's List up in Indianapolis. I am completely in love with it. It has been wonderfully taken care of, and the drawers actually work (which is the litmus test of dressers for David, who will nix a dresser based on that alone, no matter how amazing it may look)! The previous owners said that, based on the name on the back, it dates to somewhere around 1900, but I have no idea how they know that, based on my googling of the name.

Anyway, here it is! A big improvement on the plastic Wal-Mart storage bins we've been using since we got married! A scarf from my closet, a few old books off the shelf, and some yarn in a hurricane, and I'm completely in love with the whole thing!


4 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

It's beautiful, and seems perfectly made for that corner!

Christina said...

*gasp* it's beautiful!! What a find!

Emily M. said...

Anna, that is so classy! Can't wait to see it in person next time we visit. yay for Craigslist!

Anonymous said...

very pretty. your style of decorating is both lovely and comfortable... a NICE mix!