Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Solids!

I've never been very excited about baby food. I find it a little disgusting and either expensive or very time consuming to make. With Laura, we skipped "baby food" almost entirely, and instead just gave her stuff from our meal, either mashed or cut up really small. So, I was very excited to realize this afternoon at lunch that the red lentil, sweet potato, and carrot soup I made last night easily converts to baby food! Rose and I shared a bowl at lunch(with me getting the vast majority of it), and she seemed to like it. But then I remembered my one rule about solids: wait until they don't spit up anymore to give them real food! I had to change her outfit shortly after lunch after watching her regurgitate a combo of milk and soup. Yummy!

1 comment:

Debbie T said...

Shes growing so fast!