Sunday, April 11, 2010

Saturday activities

Yesterday was our church's women's retreat. It was a great day away for me--I learned a lot, and got to have sweet fellowship time with women that I love. As expected, I came home to a relative amount of chaos. David and 5 other guys were digging up the front yard, and the kids had been running loose all afternoon. They were in pretty good shape, considering. Ellie was very happy to see Rose, and she had the bright idea to have Rose ride the tricycle with her. Rose loved it!





At dinnertime, we fed everybody pizza, beer, soda and oreos. Here is what they were able to accomplish:

Pretty good, huh? They were able to find the pipe, but have seen no sign of the leak yet. We think there is about 10 feet more of digging until the water line dives into the foundation, and we're desperately hoping to find the leak in those 10 feet. While they were able to spare my front garden, it's not looking so good for the side garden now. Oh well--I guess those plants were ready for dividing, anyway...

1 comment:

Emily M. said...

Rose looks so happy!